74 percent of all campaigns which have been successful in pre-tests also show a high level of target achievement on the market. In other words, carefully conducted advertising pre-tests reduce the risk of a campaign to flop. This means that the advertising impact can be increased and significant bad investments can be prevented. Pretests enable the detection of optimization potential as well as the evaluation of alternative concepts and thus optimal campaign management. In addition, pre-tests provide information about likes and dislikes of the campaign and give an impression of the overall performance, even before the ad is set.
Pre-tests require a sensitive commitment and a cooperation between client, creative agency and market research institute. While the likeability evaluation loses importance the focus should be on impact, understanding, credibility, uniqueness and brand fit. Pre-testing must not become a creativity killer, campaign optimization must always be the focus of all efforts.
- Awareness / impact
- Spontaneous associations
- Likes and dislikes
- Assignment of characteristics
- Main message
- Understanding of the advertising message
- Credibility of the advertising message
- Uniqueness in the advertising environment
- Brand and product fit
- Attitude and image impact
- Communication performance of various elements
- Purchase and usage intent
- Preference of several campaigns